Friday, June 13, 2008

Up & Off --- To The MOON !!!

A lazy Thursday morning( oh well... Yes! Every day is a lazy day when you are having your holidays...). The newspaper comes as a bliss to all those whiling away time without knowing what to do. You can read through the articles, pour over it for a few minutes and then there is no need for you to put the facts into your heads. That was exactly what I was doing. It was then that I had encountered this relatively small piece of information, in a magazine that comes along with the newspaper, claiming to send your name to the moon!

It was in and out, or that was what I'd thought of it until it hit back at me when I was online that very afternoon. I got the magazine out again, typed the link and lo! There it was...

The page was relatively simple, just accounting that names were being collected by NASA to be placed on board the LRO(Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter) spacecraft for its historic mission bringing NASA back to the moon.

The Asimov in me has always been of the opinion that earthmen would one day go on to establish what they've always wanted, life in another planet. As my thoughts started moving in these vague lines, I had decided. I myself may never end up being on the moon( as long as I'm alive, its gonna be affordable only to the elite few!). Why stop my name being there as well?? So I posted my name and, what next? I get a participation certificate from NASA!!!

All the names are to be loaded in a micro chip and sent to the moon. Send in your names before the 27th of June to join the band wagon. What are you waiting for ? It is just a click away!
http://lro.jhuapl.edu/NameToMoon/index.php

0 comments: