Thursday, June 5, 2008

For "Old Love" Sake

Walking down the college road ,
Whistling and seemingly bored,
Heading towards me is a herd of bovine,
And they start off with the following line,
"Mooo" said one, "Moo" said another,
All the same, I ain't gonna bother,
For they don't know what is in my mind,
Thoughts about her go wind and wind,
I think of her once and again,
But no chances to be taken in this bargain!

Her eyes, her nose, or any of her feature,
Without doubt, leaves many a mad creature,
It ain't these that make me wonder,
That life without her would be a blunder!
It is the heart within which makes me sing,
"Give me her and I'll be King!"
There is one thing which makes me shudder,
"Would all these go to another?"

I try to push all these thoughts aside,
And occupy an empty bench side,
Just in order to start all over,
That she were mine, now and forever

This is the first poem that I ever wrote( on the 8th of Feb, 2006 ) and I want this to be my first blog as well!
P.S The first four lines of the poem are not mine. I do not know to whom it belongs to either!
P.P.S "Old Love" is a short story by Jeffrey Archer which impressed me.

0 comments: